Just Released - All New 1999 CBR600F4
New engine, new frame, 372.6 pounds, 5% more power!
(The rest of Honda's 99 line will be announced mid October!)
The all-new super-sport CBR600F4 features a thoroughly redesigned engine and Honda's new Pro FrameTM technology to produce class-leading power, handling and performance while maintaining the CBR600's legendary durability and everyday riding comfort.
Features & Benefits
· Completely redesigned engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm with a straight, 40 degree intake tract angle contributing to a 5 percent power increase.
· All-new Pro Frame features diamond-type aluminum twin-tube frame and extruded aluminum swingarm, with a combined swingarm pivot incorporating both engine crankcase and frame-mounted pivot points.
· Class-leading design and improved manufacturing processes reduce dry weight to an incredible 372.6 pounds.
· Liquid-cooled DOHO 16-valve four-stroke engine utilizes latest Honda design and manufacturing technologies for incredible mid range and top-end performance.
· Inclined cylinder-head mating surface permits 40 degree intake tract for improved engine efficiency and power.
· RC45tm inspired aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure- formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation to conventional sleeves.
· Aluminum alloy pistons feature LUB-Coat solid lubricant to minimize friction between the piston and cylinder wall.
· Ram-air system provides a high volume of cool air to the airbox, utilizing a two-stage system that precisely balances air pressure within the carburetor float and vacuum chambers with the air flowing through their bores, providing sharp throttle response, linear power delivery, and improved performanbe at all speeds.
· Airbox capacity increased 18 percent to 6.5 liters.
· 36.5mm bore carburetors feature tunable design and are 6 ounces lighter than CBR600F3 design.
· Four-into-two-into-one exhaust system feeds single high-output polished stainless steel muffler for maximum power and efficiency.
· Four transistorized direct-ignition coils integrate spark plug cap and high tension lead to reduce weight 13.5 ounces and produce high-voltage, long duration spark, providing maximum performance at high engine output levels.
· Electronic ignition CPU provides digital 3-D mapping for cylinder pairs, creating ideal spark advance settings for all riding conditions.
· Direct, shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability and offers 16,000-mile maintenance intervals.
· Mechanical automatic cam-chain adjuster provides quiet, reliable service.
· New seven-plate clutch replaces nine-plate unit and utilizes improved lining material to maintain overall capacity while reducing weight 11.5 ounces.
· Engine cooling system features a series-flow pattern that doubles previous flow rate, reducing piston crown and spark plug seat temperatures, resulting in increased power.
· Radiator cooling capacity increased 17 percent to maintain optimum operating temperature in demanding riding conditions.
· New bearingless water pump is lightweight and features high-efficiency design.
· New, round-type high-capacity liquid-cooled oil cooler is 11.5 ounces lighter than previous design.
· Redesigned AC generator and starter motor are 21 ounces lighter than CBR600F3 components.
· Newly designed clutch cover integrates pulser cover and is lighter than previous design.
· Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission features ratios carefully matched to engine's powerband.
· Diamond-type aluminum twin-tube frame utilizes new-technology casting process, reducing weight 15.4 pounds while increasing lateral rigidity 3 percent and torsional rigidity 15 percent.
· Pro Frame design locates the lightweight extruded aluminum box-section swingarm with a combined pivot of both frame-downtubes and the rear of the engine, producing superb handling and high-speed stability with excellent control feeling.
· Lightweight aluminum rear subframe section.
· HMAS front fork legs increased to 43mm diameter for added rigidity, with stepless rebound and compression damping and adjustable spring preload.
· Front fork span increased 12mm to 204mm for added fork rigidity.
· 40mm HMAS rear shock assembly utilizes Pro-Link design with external reservoir for plush feel and excellent, well-controlled high-speed damping.
· Twin front calipers feature four pistons each with special nickel-plate surface treatment to enhance brake lever feel under repeated hard braking.
· Sintered brake pads and 296mm floating front discs provide ultimate stopping power.
· Hydraulic rear disc brake features single-piston caliper and 220mm disc.
· New 3-spoke hollow design wheels.
· Wide, 3.5-inch front wheel with 120/7OZR-11 Z-rated front tire and wide 5.5 inch rear wheel with I 80/5SZR-1 7 Z-rated rear tire.
· Durable, lightweight #525 0-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort and minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
· ABS fairing and bodywork provide superb aerodynamic design and function together with excellent weather protection.
· Folding aerodynamic mirrors.
· Front fairing and rear seat cowl utilize fewer parts for simpler servicing.
· 4.75-gallon fuel capacity.
· High-tech instrument display features thin, lightweight design with analog readouts for engine rpm, speedometer, and water temperature and LCD display for odometer and tripmeter.
· Headlight assembly features a computer designed multi-curvature reflector behind a clear plastic lens.
· Rear cowl storage box for U-type and cable locking devices (not included) under the passenger seat.
· Integrated ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Tank pad
· Magnetic tank bag
· Cycle cover
[ Specs / Top Of Page / Concept Models / 1999 Prices / Return To Home Page ]