Honda 2004 VTX1300C
The new VTX1300C has the performance-custom look of big brother VTX1800C.
- Cast wheels.
- Minimalist-design front and rear fenders complement the VTX's street-rod styling.
- Redesigned tank-mounted instruments.
- Dual exhaust with shorter pipes for street-rod look.
- VTX engine is a 1312cc liquid-cooled 52░ V-twin that delivers strong low-end and mid-range torque, with ample power for passing and relaxed cruising.
- Powerplant design features a single-pin crankshaft to accentuate the VTX engine's character.
- Dual two-axis primary counterbalancers minimize harsh engine vibration without eliminating the powerful pulse feeling transmitted by the VTX's traditional V-twin design.
- The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the V-twin engine.
- Each three-valve cylinder head features two 31mm intake valves and a large, 40mm exhaust valve to produce optimum flow for the incoming air/fuel charge.
- Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve clearance adjusters.
- Single 38mm constant velocity (CV) carburetor offers crisp throttle response at all engine speeds.
- Electronic control unit (ECU) provides 3-D ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal spark advance settings for superb rideability.
- Coolant-heated carburetor improves rideability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- California model utilizes an exhaust catalyzer to reduce emissions of hydrocarbons (HC), carbon monoxide (CO) and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) to meet the 2004 California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions standards.
- Two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
- A unique dry-sump oil system utilizes a closed-crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power, and a lower engine height, allowing optimum rider ergonomics and a low, 27.0-inch seat height.
- Custom chromed two-into-two exhaust system produces a deep exhaust note.
- Radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
- Sturdy clutch utilizes a rubber clutch-center damper to assure smooth and quiet shifting.
- Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
- Driven-flange design at the final-drive gear eliminates final-drive noise and wear, and simplifies rear wheel installation.
- Massive tubular steel frame contains the engine's power and gives the VTX a long, low, classic stance.
- Large, 41mm extended front fork provides 5.1 inches of plush yet responsive travel.
- Dual chromed rear shocks provide 3.6 inches of wheel travel, and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
- Front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter, 336mm stainless steel rotor. Combined with the rear single-piston caliper and 296mm stainless steel rotor, they provide excellent stopping power.
- Custom cast wheels give the VTX1300C a performance-custom profile. A beefy, 170/80-15 rear tire puts the VTX's power to the ground and provides exceptional traction.
- New front and rear fenders give the VTX1300C a performance-custom look.
- Rider comfort is enhanced with comfortable ergonomics and a firmly padded saddle featuring a low, 27.0-inch seat-height.
- Redesigned tank-mounted chrome housing features a speedometer, odometer/ A&B tripmeter, and indicator lights for the turn signals, high beam, neutral indicator, oil pressure and coolant temperature.
- Electric speedometer with easy-to-read classic numerals uses an electronic speed sensor in the transmission, which eliminates the front-wheel-mounted speedometer cable. This contributes to a clean, uncluttered look.
- Extensive chrome finishing of engine parts includes cylinder head covers, valve inspection covers, airbox cover, left crankcase cover, clutch cover and left-rear engine cover.
- Distinctive chrome-hooded headlight housing features a powerful, 55W/60W halogen bulb with a computer-designed multi-reflector for superb lighting in all conditions.
- Handlebar design provides a comfortable, upright riding position.
- Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips with polished aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
- 4.8-gallon fuel tank for extended cruising and touring range.
- Reliable 364-watt alternator.
- Durable, maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery.
- Large under-seat tool tray.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
Custom Windshield, Leather Saddlebags, Saddlebag Mounting Brackets, Leather Touring Bag, Leather Front Pouch, Leather Tank Belt with pocket.
Light Bar, Backrest with Pad (available in tall and low styles), Rear Carrier, Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets Deluxe Backrest with Pad, Deluxe Backrest Trim with Emblem, Deluxe Rear Carrier, Deluxe Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets, Chrome Driveshaft Cover.
Master Cylinder Cap, License Plate Frame.
Headlight Cowl (color-matched), Lower Cowl (color-matched), Cycle Cover.
Engine Type: 1312cc liquid-cooled 52░ V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 89.5mm x 104.3mm
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Single 38mm CV
Ignition: Solid-state digital with three-dimensional mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 41mm fork; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.6 inches travel
Front: Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 296mm disc with single-piston caliper
Front: 110/90-19 M/C
Rear: 170/80-15 M/C
Wheelbase: 65.45 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0░
Trail: 149mm (5.9 inches)
Seat Height: 27.0 inches
Dry Weight: 641 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gallons, including 1.0-gallon reserve
Colors: Black, Candy Red, Pearl Orange, Illusion Blue
Available: Approx. May 2003
California version meets CARB 2004 emissions standards.
Top Of Page | Honda Index | New Models | Home
Copyrightę 2002 by Motorsports Network. All Rights Reserved.